Skip to content
- BUGS is a unique, home grown program developed at Brittan Acres Elementary in San Carlos, CA in the 1990’s and updated with new NGSS curriculum in 2015.
- Students attend monthly lessons featuring a hands-on science station and gardening work.
- Students learn ecology and biology, using the vegetable and CA native plants gardens as living laboratories.
- The program is staffed with a teacher naturalist, paid a stipend by the PTA, and parents volunteers who facilitate garden work.
- Additional support has come from the San Carlos Rotary, Chicken’s Ball, Whole Kids Foundation, and discounts from community-minded businesses.
- The BUGS program coordinators are committed to sharing this program with other schools. Please contact us to learn more.